Leica Precision Laser Scanning
Laser Scanning for Better Design
One of the biggest challenges in remodeling or renovating is obtaining precise measurements of existing conditions. Sometimes it may mean starting from scratch.
Until now, the only sure way of obtaining accurate measurements is the time-consuming process of measuring manually. This means having people on-site with tape measures to record the dimensions of the spaces, and the dimensions and locations of walls, posts, pillars, windows, fixtures, electrical outlets and everything else that must be considered in developing the design. This can lead to inaccuracies or missed information.
WD is one of only a few companies that has begun using sophisticated laser scanning technology. This process reduces time and work involved during the measuring phase of projects, while improving accuracy and the overall design process.
- WD uses portable laser scanning equipment that captures accurate imagery and dimensions of existing spaces in a matter of minutes.
- Files can be used to quickly produce working drawings for design purposes.
- The process yields a complete capture of your existing space with an accuracy exceeding 1/32 of an inch.
- Images are created so the viewer can "virtually" move within the space via a standard web-browser or on a mobile device.
- Clients are able to access files online to review and respond to changes, speeding up approval.