A New Design Poised for Growth
WD and Bob Evans have been partners for over 35 years, working together on a variety of projects from new builds, to updates, and remodels. For Bob Evans’ latest project, they wanted to test an entirely new approach to store design. Poised for growth, it needed a concept with a smaller footprint, better operational efficiencies, faster construction – and an updated, contemporary look, inside and out to appeal to the younger demographic, while still holding true to their roots.
The key to success was multidisciplinary team integration, using Strategy & Insights to understand the desires of the customer, Operation Consulting to help maximize back-of-house efficiencies, and the latest Architecture & Engineering technologies to shorten construction time.
WD worked closely with internal teams to deliver a prototype in just nine months that met the goals: expedited time to market, reduced capital investment, and improved the customer experience. Revit processes helped resolved issues prior to construction and increased building efficiency.
- Brand Strategy & Development •
- Marketing Communications •
- Environments Design •
- Design Documentation •
- Stylistic Renderings •
- 3D Animations •
- Architecture & Design •
- Civil Engineering •
- Structural Engineering •
- MEP Engineering •
- Uncovered opportunities within construction and restaurant design to cut costs by almost 13%.
- Elevated the brand presence and expression to connect and appeal to a younger customer demographic.
- Invested in sales layers that offer the greatest ROI.
- Created an integrated design model (Revit):
- resolved issues prior to construction
- expedited time to market
- reduced building inefficiencies
- Re-engineered kitchen and back of house to perform with industry benchmarks to reduce operation costs and increase productivity.
- Reduced the restaurant footprint by over 15%.
- Strong collaboration with Bob Evans’ team for an integrated design process.