D'Angelo is a home-town-favorite with more than 200 locations in New England. In preparation for expansion through franchising outside its core region, the company wanted to become more competitive by elevating the brand and improving unit economics. WD Partners offered D'Angelo an efficient and effective way to develop a prototype that would reposition the brand and improve profitability at the same time.
- Comparable store sales increased by 36%, speed of service reduced, ticket amounts and dine-in traffic up.
- Increased efficiency, productivity, and profitability; reduced kitchen footprint.
- New logo, packaging, uniforms, menus, menu boards, and other visual components further support the elevated brand positioning.
- 98% rated the store environment as a 4 or 5 out of 5.
- CEO Tom Galligan reported sales in remodeled units up 20-30% — significantly above the 10% expected.