E-Mart, the largest retailer in South Korea, engaged WD Partners to create an overall look and feel that includes branded graphics, wayfinding systems and signage for three specific retail standalone concepts: Trader’s, Matrix and Molly’s. Traders is a 130,000 sq. ft. warehouse-style store that provides exceptional value and convenience. Matrix is an 11,000 sq. ft. consumer electronics store, and Molly’s is a 3000 sq. ft. full service pet store.
Best Large Format Specialty Store – 2012 Retail Design Institute
First Place, Discount/Mass merchant – 2011 VMSD Retail Renovation competition
- Completed the design, development and deployment of all three E-Mart stores in only two and a half months.
- Sales figures at all stores are more than three times higher than what was planned.
- Large, focused merchandising areas lead customers through the space: lowest price of the week deals; large-scale fresh food offering, and specific service areas.
- Merchandising strategy is about mass, with huge graphics and displays throughout to create a surprise around each corner and within each category.
- Since the launch initial sales, customer interest and traffic have exceeded expectations.
- Large graphics portray people enjoying the merchandise, handwritten graffiti, concrete surfaces and bold colors all contribute to the store’s trendy, youthful energy.
- Matrix features several product demonstration areas, such as a simulated home entertainment room and a home kitchen.
- Store designed to allow customers and their pets to interact with pet products in a play/training area and café.
- Store offers pet related services, such as in-house vet, pet hotel, and adoption clinic.
- The color palette is bright and lively with specific colors used to designate the different departments within the store.