Shoe Store Turned Showroom
Finish Line wanted to develop a small-footprint “dotcom” showroom store that was 75% smaller than their standard stores, and needed a partner to bring the concept to life. WD was also asked to reinvent the merchandising and operations for this new showroom experience. Additionally, WD created digital assisted endless shelf ordering, payment, and delivery processes to compensate for the dramatic reduction in store size.
- Strategy •
- Identity Development •
- Digital-Retail Integration •
- Merchandising •
- Interior & Exterior Design •
- Lighting & Finishing Design •
- Sourcing •
- Construction Documents •
- Entitlement Processing
- Created an instant understanding with customers that this is a different store experience from the storefront, by using:
- Finishline.com as the store logo
- Order kiosks for customers to engage with in the store
- The right side of the store for standard merchandising and the left side of the store for special promotions and digital interactions
- Crafted a ceiling feature to highlight the online ordering zone.
- Developed a “freshness zone” at the front of the store. Using large digital screens to highlight and promote the newest shoe which could be easily and rapidly updated.
- Customized a solution for the endless shelf and mobile payment with the removal of the cash wrap. All orders were placed online through the website, with merchandise being shipped to the customer; however special considerations were created for cash payment.