Fossil's goal was to standardize six concepts in an effort to leverage national contracts with vendors, which would reduce construction costs, increase efficiencies, and expedite store opening dates. Previously, Fossil was managing each concept independently through different external partners. Fossil engaged WD Partners to develop and manage one centralized single kit of parts for locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- BIM technology allows for efficient prototype management – a "Kit of Parts" approach is more easily adapted for unique space requirements.
- Created conditions for maintaining better brand consistency.
- Improved coordination of building systems and existing conditions.
- Reduced change orders.
- Material takeoff for faster and more accurate budgeting.
- Reduced time to produce construction drawings by 50%.
- Program consists of approximately 50 stores per year throughout the U.S. and Canada.