Giant Eagle has been a pioneer in the grocery industry since the 1930s. Continuous innovation has been at the heart of their decades of steady growth. Knowing that today’s food shopper wants to know more, to experience more and to get more out of even the simplest shopping expedition, Giant Eagle decided to re-think their approach to selling beer, wine and liquor. They partnered with WD to create an innovative adult beverage destination within their stores that encourages experiential shopping, invites browsing, and features a wide array of alcohol options from niche microbrews and craft beers to organic wine and premium liquor brands.
70 projects completed globally
- Rich wood fixtures and overhead trellises, improved wayfinding systems and easily executable merchandising solutions contribute to a more comfortable environment that encourages exploration.
- An innovative new tasting station and written educational queues prepare the shopper to make informed product selections.
- Featured alcohol is cross-merchandised with complimentary grocery products to offer convenience and grow basket size.
- WD helped condense the expected 6-8 week production timeline to no more than 4-5 weeks on any given store.
- This new design has been installed in several locations with many more in the works.