Intel is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of microprocessors and related technology components. Its products are used extensively in personal computers, tablets and other devices. But since they are purchased only as part of something else, creating Intel brand loyalty among consumers isn’t easy. The company strives to educate consumers about the superiority of its products and encourage them to purchase devices with “Intel inside.”
As a customer experience company focused on the “total shopper journey,” WD is helping Intel drive brand awareness and conversion of Intel inside products. We began with an audit and assessment of the Intel shopper’s purchase mindset and what influences them when they are selecting technology products. Based on our findings, we developed and executed a strategic experiential marketing program to reach consumers in Asian markets, where experiential marketing is especially effective.
We created a series of free-standing attractions for placement in key locations within high-traffic retail malls. These “pop up” retail units employ various computing devices featuring Intel processors. The units attract consumers and involve them in using the devices to play games or participate in activities that will increase their awareness of the Intel brand and prompt them to look for the “Intel inside” symbol when purchasing technology products.
To reinforce the message and involve consumers, we employed digital technology in the design and construction of the attractions, including leaderboards for competitive games. An overall strategy and design was developed and executed by WD, but with maximum flexibility to allow for adaptation to local market needs and opportunities.
- Audited and assessed the Intel shopper’s journey to gain insights into their brand awareness and purchase mindset.
- Employed a combination of experiential and digital marketing strategies to overcome the “ingredient product” challenges Intel faces in connecting with consumers.
- Designed and executed a series of interactive “pop up” retail attractions to reach consumers in high-traffic malls in key Asian markets.
- Selected games and developed scripts to be used to attract consumers and encourage them to use devices equipped with Intel technology.
- Developed leaderboards and other digital components to help emphasize the superiority of Intel-equipped desk-top computers, laptops and tablets.
- Designed highly flexible “customizable” units that can be arranged and adapted to meet the needs and opportunities of individual markets.
- Programs have achieved double digit increases in awareness of Intel, perception of Intel as an innovative brand and in purchase intent.