A Diner for Millennials
Johnny Rockets is a global restaurant chain founded on providing a classic, all-American dining experience. They were established 30 years ago, and after opening 61 new restaurants in 2016 alone, they have over 385 locations in 32 countries around the world. Johnny Rockets wanted to develop a revolutionary diner concept that was relevant in today’s market place and would resonate with the millennial generation and beyond.
By working closely with WD, they were able to transition from the dated theme of a classic 50’s diner with the décor and dancing employees. Johnny Rockets was able to create a new brand identity and give their customers an authentic experience that paid tribute to their roots but created relevancy and a focus on hand-crafted quality.
- Insights •
- Identity Development •
- Brand & Design •
- Graphic Design •
- Environments Design •
- Materials •
- Packaging Development
- Consumer insights provided a road map for the aspects customers wanted in an updated experience.
- Created a new logo and identity that elevated the brand and made it relevant to today’s audience.
- Reimagined the exterior architecture with an iconic expression, developed specialty seating for all occasions, and developed new messaging and signature moments to enrich the customer experience in the restaurant.
- Incorporated a self-order kiosk to enhance speed and convenience while maintaining a high quality experience.
- Opened the kitchen to a traditional diner-style bar seating area to create a kitchen-theater component and engage the customer, as well as illustrate their commitment to hand-crafted quality.