New Balance asked WD Partners to develop a highly flexible prototype to support the brand and make their store easier to shop.
'Retail Store of the Year'
from Chain Store Age
Special recognition for Green Awareness,
A.R.E Design Awards
- Created 'Kit of parts' design elements for execution regardless of store size.
- New Balance’s R&D message is communicated in the form of ‘tester profiles’ — large graphics feature images of the testers in action, bios and shoe preferences.
- The design helps drive performance message by merchandising product according to athletic activity.
- Sustainable 'green' methods and materials used in fixture and graphic production — special recognition by the Association for Retail Environments for Green Awareness.
- Store performed well in on-site intercepts to determine design impact — attracting lapsed and non-customers.