As part of a long-term plan to expand into new markets, Red Bull tapped into WD’s foodservice expertise to help them understand the Limited Service Restaurant (LSR) segment and create a strategic approach to selling into select quick-service and fast-casual brands.
- The Red Bull team utilized senior-level WD executives with operator experience to determine potential barriers to entry, pain points, and operational issues, while also identifying areas where Red Bull could assist operators with their own goals.
- Determined criteria for selecting the most appropriate brands. More than 600 chains across the country were evaluated and prioritized based on key brand, business, and operational criteria.
- WD created a series of scorecards for Red Bull’s sales force to use in determining brand fit, prioritizing targets and timing for each chain, as well as which messages would be most effective during the sales process.
- Developed in-line, end cap, and standalone merchandising layouts, including suggested locations for brand and sales signage to help chain operators see what their partnership might look like.
- WD's LSR Roadmap armed Red Bull with a strategic framework of tactical elements to support their plans for North American growth.