Executing on a Gap in the Grocery Market
West Highland Capital Partners identified a gap in the grocery industry that led them to the creation of a brand new grocery concept – a perishables only food market with an attached fast casual restaurant that features fresh, seasonal products. The idea was to build an innovative food haven that encourages experiential shopping. Being a brand new startup, the client needed a partner with extensive grocery and foodservice operations, design and development expertise that could drive this entire project from concept creation through construction.
- Environments Design •
- Fixture Design •
- Operations Engineering •
- Architecture •
- MEP Engineering •
- Structural Engineering •
- Civil Engineering •
- Site Development •
- Construction Documentation •
- Construction Management
- Provided a complete turnkey solution – including real estate selection, store planning/layout, workstation design and equipment specifications.
- Designed the 35k sq. ft. space to offer a wide open market feel with an approachable refurbished barn motif – added interior windows that allow shoppers to see into food production areas.
- Confident, distinguished design highlights their amazing selection of fresh foods.
- Heightened transparency and product education further support Standard Market’s mission to provide freshly prepared, top quality food and the kind of interactive customer experience the modern food shopper is asking for.
- Incorporated simple building systems for ease of operations.
- A third store is currently in the works.