Safeway, one of North America’s largest grocery chains, asked WD to help them create a small-format neighborhood market that would encourage frequent, even daily, shopping in downtown San Jose.
- Brand Strategy & Development •
- Design Documentation •
- Food Service Design & Engineering •
- Operations Assessment •
- Stylistic Renderings •
- Architecture & Design •
- Structural Engineering •
- MEP Engineering •
- Construction Management •
Featured in Supermarket News and VMSD Magazine as a best-in-class example of small format grocery concepts
- Ensured that the store design worked within the existing building’s constraints.
- Provided concept design through construction documents— from concept to store opening in less than 7.5 months.
- Site surveys, permitting issues and RFIs were tightly managed and expedited on a daily basis to minimize impact on the construction schedule.
- Provided sustainability assessment and recommendations.