Scale and Pace: How to Stay Relevant in a Competitive Market
In order to follow their brand mission of constant improvement and to stay competitive with international brands like McDonald’s and Dunkin’ Donuts, Tim Hortons knew it was important to think ahead. Consequently, they embarked on a multi-year store re-model program that affects the majority of Canadian locations. Tim Hortons looked to WD to provide a multitude of services from design, to architecture + engineering, to construction and program management services to create an improved customer experience.
The scale and pace of the renovations are extensive and continuous, so WD has been tasked with developing and implementing an approach that transitions existing renovation efforts to WD’s Program Management Services.
- Design Adaptation •
- Food Service Design & Engineering •
- VR/AR/MR Experiences •
- Stylistic Renderings •
- 3D Animations •
- Interactive Applications •
- Architecture & Design •
- Civil Engineering •
- BIM •
- Construction Administration •
- Permitting & Planning •
- Project Management •
- Integrated teams allowed WD to scale up or down for their needs, and centralized design and architecture + engineering services provided efficient planning, utilization, and scheduling.
- Designed the concept for Store #1 from the ground up by developing the initial exterior ideation and provided support to the internal design team.
- Developed a multi-year program to update 800+ locations throughout Canada, with site specific design adaptation based on the prototype.
- Created and maintain a Renovation Program Playbook to capture process, methodology and stakeholder responsibilities.
- Established regional offices with local management and skills specific to those areas.
- Undertook intense training to ensure knowledge transfer from client stakeholders to WD Partners
- Completed renovation projects with zero deficiencies.