The North Face
The North Face, maker of one of the country’s most popular lines of performance apparel, equipment, footwear and related sportswear, is all about pushing the limits, as captured in its mantra "Never Stop Exploring." When the company wanted to find ways to improve customer experience in their owned-stores and create an omni-channel strategy, it turned to WD.
We began by developing a deep understanding of the brand and its customers, who range from extreme sports enthusiasts and performance-driven athletes to style-minded consumers. The result was an evolved technologies-rich store design employing an omni-channel digital strategy to engage shoppers and reinforce the brand platform through various emotive and visceral experiences. The technologies also were designed to support store associates and empower them to be more effective in serving TNF customers.
With modifications for various levels of TNF stores and using a variety of in-store locations, our evolved customer experience designs embrace video walls, touchscreens, interactive kiosks, "endless shelf" fixtures, mobile devices—and even Oculus virtual reality devices—to more deeply involve shoppers in their in-store experience, while boosting both store and online purchases.
- Conducted in-depth store and shopper research to develop a comprehensive understanding of market segments and brand strengths.
- Developed omni-channel strategy designed to expand consumer engagement at retail through experiences that encourage interaction, reinforce brand platform, and integrate digital throughout the path-to-purchase.
- Created technologies-rich store designs establishing new touch points to enhance the shopper experience while empowering associates to serve the customer more effectively.
- Employed multiple digital technologies, including video walls, touchscreens, interactive kiosks, "endless shelf" fixtures and mobile devices.
- Introduced Oculus virtual reality devices to enable shoppers to share in the extreme endurance adventures of TNF mountain climbers, skiers, snowboarders and hikers.