Supporting Walmart with End to End Projects
The name Walmart is known around the globe. With over 11,000 stores in more than 25 countries, the company is the biggest retailer on earth. WD is proud to be a contributor to Walmart’s success. Over the past 10 years, we’ve forged a close working relationship with the retail giant and have utilized almost every area of WD expertise, and have completed more than 775 projects.
We started by redesigning the exterior of the Supercenter stores, and as time went on, Walmart involved us in more and more areas. They even asked us to develop entire store concepts, like the positioning strategy for Walmart’s Neighborhood Market stores as a smaller retail model.
We have provided the full range of our services from conducting shopper research, to creating imaginative store designs and digital shopping experiences, and the development of detailed architectural designs and engineering plans for new Walmart stores, remodels and retrofits.
Walmart has also relied on WD for help in expanding its global footprint. By understanding the needs of international consumers, as well as the regulations and requirements of local governments, we’ve been able to help Walmart achieve success with a variety of overseas endeavors.
We consistently provide our client with the best work the WD team has to offer. And in return, Walmart repeatedly presents us with the kind of challenges that make sure we are always at the top of our game.
"We have been the executive A&E source for Walmart for over 10 years. Completing over 700 stores, including 380 Sam’s Club locations, and 9 stores in India"
- Strategy & Insights •
- Environments Design •
- Graphic Designn •
- Implementation Support •
- Architecture •
- MEP Engineering •
- Structural Engineering •
- Civil Engineering •
- Operations Engineering •
- Fabrication •
- Developed brand strategy, identity concepts and comprehensive graphic communication packages, as well as design guideline manuals.
- Provided a wide range of services to execute on a variety of projects including: new builds, remodels/retrofits, and international projects.
- Designed standards to easily accommodate regional architectural variations and community guidelines.
- Created a new exterior strategy for Walmart that dramatically improved acceptance in many communities.
- Built or remodeled over 40 million square feet of retail space for Walmart.
In the News
- Is Neighborhood Market the answer to Walmart’s discount challenges?