EVP, Brand, Strategy & Design
Lee’s merchant background trained him to view retail from the salesfloor. He is tuned into pop-culture, trends, and consumer buying behaviors, and perhaps most important, he understands that whatever you invest in at the store level has to result in sales.
At WD, Lee leads the team of research, branding, and design professionals responsible for developing innovative ways to reach customers—whether in the store or online.
- Formerly a merchant and brand strategy executive for Limited Brands
- Built a thriving, interdisciplinary creative services business
- A frequent presenter and nationally recognized expert, quoted by Brandweek, Chain Store Age, Nation’s Restaurant News, American Public Media’s Marketplace, Ad Age, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
- On the Board for Visual Merchandising and Store Design, and BrainTrust panelist for RetailWire.com
Lee in the Media:
- Just How Worried Should Whole Foods Be?, Forbes
- The Editor-in-Chief at VMSD magazine, and Lee Peterson discuss the Store of the Future, VMSD
- Here’s What The Store Of The Future Will Look Like (Hint: Not Amazon), Forbes
- Retailers Take Note: Young shoppers don’t care about owning your stuff, Fast Company
- Reinvent the Store. Invest in People, Chain Store Age
- Is Jeff Bezos A Horrible Boss And Is That Good?, Forbes
Book Lee to present WD’s latest white paper: “To Be or Not To Be: What influences consumers toward the Healthy Epiphany?“